GREETINGS FROM LAPELS!
Louisiana Professional Engineering and Land Surveying Board
ONLINE LICENSE RENEWAL/
The Fall Renewal Cycle 120-day Grace Period has begun.
- Licenses that expired 30 Sep 2019 may still renew through 29 Jan 2020.
- There is now a late fee for all professional and firm renewals (interns are exempt).
- All credentials and statuses may renew/reinstate online.
- All credentials in renewal may change, or apply to change, statuses online.
- An Online Reinstatements process is available for those licenses/certifications (EI, PE, PLS, EF, VF) that have expired at any time.
Now available online! (User ID/Password required)
- Apply for first-time EI certification
- Apply for Licensure as a PE by Examination
- Apply for Licensure as a PE by Comity with NCEES record
- Apply for Engineering and/or Surveying Firm First-Time Licensure
If your only degree is an Engineering Technology degree, you are NOT eligible for PE licensure in Louisiana, and you should not submit an application.
This is a state law which neither the Board staff nor Board members may waive. We do not issue refunds for application fees.
The Atchafalaya Basin Bridge (1/3): Also known as the Louisiana Airborne Memorial Bridge, is a pair of parallel bridges in the U.S. state of Louisiana between Baton Rouge and Lafayette which carries Interstate 10 over the Atchafalaya Basin.
ONLINE CPD QUIZZES
These required CPD quizzes are now available online:
- Professionalism and Ethics (1 CPD hour)
- Laws and Rules (1 CPD hour)
- Standards of Practice for Boundary Surveys (2 CPD hours)
The Atchafalaya Basin Bridge (2/3): Opened to the public in 1973, construction was said to have begun in 1971. At the time of its completion, it was the longest bridge in the United States
The Atchafalaya Basin Bridge (3/3): With a total length of 96,095 feet (29,290 m) or 18.2 miles, it is currently the 3rd longest bridge in the US and the second longest on the interstate system and fourteenth-longest in the world by total length.
PETROLEUM CBT EXAM
The PE Petroleum exam will transition to computer-based testing (CBT) after the final pencil-and-paper exam in October 2018.
Like other PE exams with small examinee populations, this will be a single-day testing event similar to the current paper-based exams.
Examinees may reserve their seat up to a year in advance at a Pearson VUE test center once they are registered with NCEES and approved by their board.
Candidates are encouraged to reserve their seat for this single-day event as early as possible.
The John James Audubon Bridge, completed and opened in 2011, is a Mississippi River crossing between Pointe Coupee and West Feliciana parishes in south central Louisiana. The bridge has the second longest cable-stayed span (distance between towers) in the Western Hemisphere at 1,583 ft (482 m), after Mexico's Baluarte Bridge with a 1,706 ft (520 m) span, and has a total length of 12,883 ft (3,927 m)—nearly three-and-a-half times longer than the Baluarte Bridge's 3,688 ft (1,124 m) total length.
The Louisiana State Capitol Building is the tallest building in Baton Rouge and tallest capitol building in the United States. It is located on a 27-acre (110,000 m2) tract, which includes the capitol gardens. It is often thought of as "Huey Long's monument" due to the influence of the former Governor and U.S. Senator in getting the capitol built.